SMS Card Alert notifies the mobile owner about transactions performed with their card(s) via SMS.
Any bank that wishes to have this service will be able to secure any information relevant to the mobile owner.
CCM will be notified to send the SMS message by the bank. The message will contain the information requested by the bank and sent to CCM for dispatching it to the mobile number.
Banks have used this service to notify their customer s of many movements on their accounts against a fee therefore making customer service less time consuming for the banks. In addition, this service is profitable since registration is subject to a monthly fee.
Examples of some of the notifications:
- Transactions performed on POS machines
- Transactions performed on ATM machines
- Check withdrawals
- A direct debit is effected from the bank account
- A domiciliated bill is settled from the bank account
- An inward transfer has reached the bank account
- The domiciliated salary is credited to the bank account
- The bank account balance has dropped below the predetermined specified value